Tehran: Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif on Thursday warned of “all-out war” if the United States or Saudi Arabia retaliates for the drone and missile arracks on Saudi oil facilities. Saudi lost nearly 50 per cent of the Kingdom’s global supply of crude oil.
” I make a very serious statement about defending our country. I am making a very serious statement that we don’t want to engage in a military confrontation,” the Foreign Minister said.
“But the possibility of a return to negotiations with the US, however, would not happen unless Washington provided full sanctions relief as promised under the 2015 nuclear deal that the US had pulled out of last year,” he said.
Iran has denied its involvement in the attacks and Yemen’s Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for the attacks.
The Foreign Minister said that Houthi rebels have stepped up their military capabilities and are capable of conducting sophisticated operations.