Kerala

Kerala: Three-year-old dies after swallowing coin; Govt hospitals’ negligence leads to death

Ernakulam: A three-year-old boy died in the early hours of Sunday after accidentally swallowing a coin. The parents of the child has accused the government hospitals for not providing expert medical care.

Three-year-old Prithviraj is the son of Raju and Nandini.

“As soon as our son gulped down a coin, we rushed him to a government hospital. However they said that there is nothing to worry and the coin will come out automatically when he passes stool,” said his mother.

The parents had first approached Aluva Taluk hospital but as there was no pediatrician on duty, hospital authorities directed to take the boy to Ernakulam general hospital. There also the child did not get proper medical attention.

The family also alleges that the authorities told them they could not be taken to the hospital because they came from coronavirus containment zone and that the doctors did not take the matter seriously.

22 Shares

Scroll down for comments

Loading...

Post Your Comments

Back to top button
Close
Close